Summer Employment Applications
- Camp Shalom Employment Application
Camp Shalom Reference Form (required with application)
- The Swim & Tennis Club Employment Application
Mandell JCC, West Hartford
Head Infant Room Teacher – Full-time
Responsible for supervising the teaching team and a classroom of children from four months to 2.9 years. Daily administrative responsibilities and direct interaction with families. Must have knowledge of developmental milestones and appropriate practices. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and experience working in a NAEYC accredited program are required.
Infant/Toddler Teacher – Full-time
Responsible for providing quality caregiving to children from four months to 2.9 years. Must be able to provide a safe and nurturing environment and be responsive to the children’s individual needs and schedules. Knowledge of developmental milestones and appropriate practices is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or CDA, and experience working in a NAEYC accredited program, are needed.
Indoor positions available at the Mandell JCC. Current CPR and First Aid certification required.
For information on any of the above positions, please contact Dee Chappell at email@example.com.
Do you have some web & graphic design experience? Do you like to challenge your creativity? Do you have some experience in the digital marketing arena? You could be our next Marketing Assistant. We welcome applicants who are graduating from college.
More on the position...Our organization is looking for a Marketing Assistant who will support all marketing and communication functions for the Agency and its programs. The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Director of Marketing and will be primarily responsible for our website management, creative communications and graphic design. The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including SEO. The successful candidate MUST (can't stress this enough) have 'some' experience in website design and management and graphic design. (We will be asking for a few examples)
Education: Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. Individuals with equivalent work experience and appropriate training will be considered.
Experience: 1-3 years’ experience working in marketing, copyrighting, communications (including internships)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support JCC program staff and work with graphics, web design, print shop, public relations marketing resources and vendors
- Support compilation of content for Mandell JCC published materials, guides and supplements includes securing updated program information, editing /proofing content
- Copywriting: includes research, writing and editing press documents; content for various print and online publications and marketing materials
- Assist with website design and management, email content development and distribution, social networking initiatives (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), calendar maintenance and photography for marketing promotion
- Media: Maintain active media list, monitoring and reports, press outreach and press release distribution
- Assist Development Director with various fundraising marketing needs, including but not limited to choosing photos for banners, banner copywriting and attending events
- Assist Creative Director with building displays and signage
- Photography and videography of Center events as needed
- Work with the Program Departments on stories, programs, advertising, promotions
- Be familiar with programs and activities throughout the Agency
- Attend department and team meetings as required
- Attend workshops/conferences for professional growth
- Willingness to perform other job duties, functions, responsibilities as needed, required or assigned
- Attend events at night and weekends as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Website Management
o Design, manage and update website as needed (Accrisoft)
o Regular management of all web pages
o Ensure “visual appeal” of content posted to website through proper image cropping, resolution and placement.
- Social Media Management
o Manage digital and social media content strategy - Daily
o Keep Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram fresh with new daily content.
o Maintain consistent communication with social media followers and web audience.
o Maintain regular analytics for all social media
o Must have SEO knowledge and understand social media analytics
- Strong English oral and written communications skills including editing and proofreading
- Solid knowledge of and experience with social media, blog tools, writing content
- Highly organized, ability to work under pressure, high energy and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and meet tight and unexpected deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of mechanical working of office equipment, such as copier, fax and phone and computer programs, such as Microsoft Office suite
- Priority will be given to those candidates who demonstrate strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of Programs:
- Photography skills a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to consistently deliver quality work
- Ability to focus on a wide range of details
The J has a flexible and competitive benefits package:
- Fitness Membership
- Health Spa Membership
- The Swim & Tennis Club Membership
- Medical & Dental
- Life Insurance
- PTO & Holidays
Forward resume and cover letter to Michelle Bonner at firstname.lastname@example.org.