Group Fitness Policies
- Group fitness classes are for ages 12 and up unless the class is specified as a youth class. 12 and 13 year-olds must be accompanied by a parent.
- Proper footwear is required for all group fitness classes.
- Arrive on time to prevent injury. No entry allowed once the warm-up has ended.
- BODYPUMP™, SPINNING™, and yoga participants should arrive 10–15 minutes early to set up.
- Saving bikes for other members is not allowed. A first-come, first-served policy is enforced.
- Safety guidelines from the American College of Sports Medicine state that participation in BODYPUMP™ two days in a row is not allowed.
- Due to the extreme load on your core, we recommend that members do not participate in BODYPUMP™ and CXWORX™ back to back.
- Turn off cell phones.
- Refrain from talking during class.
- Please help keep our studios clean and safe by not wearing "outdoor" shoes to class.
- If the Mandell JCC is open, our goal is to hold group fitness classes as scheduled.
- On inclement weather days, call the Member Services Center (860-236-4571) no earlier than 1 hour prior to a class to confirm that the instructor is able to get to the JCC.