As part of the JCC Movement, you can bring immediate assistance to thousands of people in Houston affected by Hurricane Harvey. Many people have lost everything and are in need of the most basic goods such as food and bottled water. The Evelyn Rubenstein JCC of Houston (ERJCC), working with Jewish Family Services of Houston, will distribute digital gift cards directly to people in need.
How You Can Help
1. Purchase e-gift cards: Click on the links below and purchase e-gift cards. (All food stores stock kosher goods.) Send the e-gift cards to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure your purchase is an e-gift card.
- Have the e-gift card delivered via e-mail.
- If required by the retailer, create an account. This will only take a few minutes.
2. Go to the ERJCC Donation Page. Donate money to help build an immediate use fund for the ERJCC to buy and distribute specific e-gift cards or purchase goods for the community.
3. Support Jewish Federations of North America Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. The JCC Association is working closely with the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) with an eye on the unfolding disaster and with a commitment to ensuring that the needed resources will be deployed both efficiently and effectively on an ongoing basis for as long as necessary. Beyond your initial response to this effort, we urge you to support your local Federation's emergency relief efforts.
As part of the JCC Movement, know that when we act together, we can make a difference.