A Center for Life and for a Lifetime
Serving people of all backgrounds and at every age and stage of life, the Mandell Jewish Community Center is a gathering place and resource for the Hartford region. The JCC provides recreational, cultural, educational, and social programs designed to promote physical, intellectual, and spiritual well-being of its members and others who participate. As a center where all are welcome, our mission is rooted in a fundamental commitment to inclusivity and in universal Jewish values. We work to build community, cultural identity, and bridges of understanding by celebrating diversity and fostering appreciation for Jewish culture and heritage.
As a community center and a gateway to Jewish tradition and culture, the Mandell JCC is committed to:
- being a place where individuals and families of any religious or cultural background feel welcome under our communal tent;
- providing the best programs and experiences for infants through senior adults in a wholesome and enriching environment;
- telling the Jewish story to enhance awareness and appreciation among Jews and throughout the broader community;
- nourishing Jewish identity in ways that affirm a broad spectrum of individual experience and expression;
- fostering meaningful connections with Israel and with Jewry worldwide;
- being a caring community that is devoted to the ideals of Tikun Olam (repairing the world); and
- promoting active collaborations through which Jewish knowledge and values are transmitted and perpetuated across generations.