The Swim & Tennis Club
Welcome to 2020 season. We know that The Swim & Tennis Club will look a little different this summer, and we appreciate your patience and support as we continue to monitor the directives from the CDC and the Governor’s office. We ask that all The Swim & Tennis Club members adhere to these new guidelines.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
To ensure all members have time at The Swim & Tennis Club, everyone will be required to reserve a time slot to use the pool.
• After making your reservation you will receive a confirmation email and a text 2 hours prior to your reservation time.
To reserve a slot in 'advance,' please click on the link below after 7:00pm on the schedule below:
• You must sign up for your membership category.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call the club: 860-243-0794
The Swim & Tennis Club Guidelines
- As we open The Swim & Tennis Club for the 2020 season we have reviewed the "Reopen Connecticut" guidelines for outdoor pools, and in order to comply with these directives, our pools will be open with reduced capacity and physical distancing standards.
- In order to allow for all members to have time at The Swim & Tennis Club, we will be asking everyone to sign up for a time slot (above) to use the pool.
- The Swim Club & Tennis Club will only be open to members this season. No guests will be permitted at this time.
- At this time members may only come with those from the same household.
- Children on a family membership must come with those from their household and are not permitted to come with another member family.
- If your household includes a babysitter or AuPair, you may add that individual to your membership for $100.
- All members will be required to sign a waiver (below) the first time you come to The Swim & Tennis Club. Please plan to arrive a few minutes before your reservation time to fill out this form.
- Bring you scan card from the Mandell JCC to use here at The Swim & Tennis Club.
- There will be a screening process in place for everyone entering the facility.
- We ask that if you or anyone in your household have had any of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours, please stay home for the health & safety of our members and staff:
· Fever of 100.4 or higher
· Shortness of Breath
· Sore Throat
· New loss of Taste or Smell
· Muscle pain
· Vomiting, Diarrhea or Generalized Abdominal Pain
- Anyone exhibiting signs and symptoms of illness will be turned away or asked to leave the pool.
- If you have traveled to a destination against CDC restrictions or the Governor’s Travel Advisory you will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- The Swim & Tennis Club staff and members are required to wear a mask upon arrival, when moving around the facility, going to the bathroom, ordering from the snack bar and exiting the facility.
- Additionally, we ask that you practice physical distancing on the pool deck and in the pool, from those who are not from the same household.
- There will be fewer chairs on the pool deck, arranged to increase physical distancing. We ask that you leave the chairs where they are and seek assistance from a staff member if you need chairs to be moved.
- Staff will sanitize chairs between uses.
- We will not be providing pool toys or flotation devices. You may bring your own noodles, kick boards and buoys.
- In order to allow for more members at The Swim & Tennis Club for each time block, the lifeguards will blow the whistle every 30 minutes to indicate that those in the pool must come out and clear the area they are currently using to allow the next group of members to enter the pool.
- Once those members waiting have gotten in, after 5 minutes, open spots may be used by those who have already been in the pool.
- At this time, the lap lanes may only be used for lap swimming and for water walking.
- Families from the same household may share a lane for these purposes, otherwise the lanes will be limited to one person per lane.
- As we work with our enhanced cleaning guidelines we need all members to exit the facility as soon as the whistle blows at the end of the 2 hour time block so that we can prepare for the next group of members
- In an effort to maintain best practices for physical distancing, you are asked to stay to the right and move counter clockwise so you can exit by walking behind the flume slide towards the gate closest to the snack bar.
- The locker rooms will be open with access to the bathrooms and one shower. Changing rooms will not be open at this time.
- Our diving board is open to swimmers 6 years and older who have passed the swim test.
- At this time, our playground, arts and crafts hut, pirate ship, gaga pit, shuffle board and tether ball are unavailable for usage.
- Our tennis courts are available for a maximum of 4 players per court, with physical distancing.
Facility Hours August 23–September 6
Weekends for Pool
Members Only: 10:00am-12:30pm
Members Only: 1:00-3:30pm
Members Only: 4:00-7:00pm
Closed for cleaning 12:30-1:00pm & 3:30-4:00pm
Club closes at 7:15pm
Weekdays for Pool
Members Only: 12:30-3:30pm
Members Only: 4:00-7:00pm
Closed for cleaning 3:30-4:00pm
Club closes at 7:15pm
Monday, September 7 | 10:00am-7:00pm
We have added and an additional weekend for your usage!
September 12 and 13 10:00am to 7:00pm (Rreservations end at 6:45pm)
Private Swimming Lessons
We are now offering private swim lessons for $33 for 30 minutes with Bonnie, Brian and Alex during our cleaning times slots: 12:00pm, 2:30pm and 5:00pm daily. More information at the check in desk.
Our Newly Resurfaced Tennis Courts will open on July 5.
UPCOMING PROGRAMS & EVENTS
ADULT BEGINNER TENNIS - Tue & Thur, beginning July 7-August 13 | 5:00-6:00 pm
Sign up to receive important text alerts about The Swim & Tennis Club.
In the event of severe weather and any facility closings, The Swim & Tennis Club will notify you immediately with a text alert sent to your mobile device.
Please visit www.mandelljcc.org/alerts to sign up.
*If you are already registered for Text Alerts through the JCC, ECC, or Kids Korner, please visit the website in order to update your message preferences, and be sure to choose The Swim & Tennis Club.
The Swim & Tennis Club Contact Information
Sara Billings, Director
860-231-6331 (off-season), 860-243-0794 (in season), firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Bishop, Head Tennis Pro
Thai Tran, Sports Jams Director
860-231-6410 (off season), 860-243-0794 (in season), email@example.com