Summer Camps & Programs | UPDATE
We know that this is the time when many of you would be preparing for the Memorial Day opening of The Swim & Tennis Club. It's also a time when children are getting excited about the start of their summer camp programs. While we had hoped to begin the summer programs soon, we know now that The Swim & Tennis Club will not be opening this weekend, and our summer camp program options are still not finalized.
Following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and our local health officials, there will be physical distancing & capacity limit guidelines in place. We will share those guidelines with The Swim & Tennis Club members prior to opening.
Full-day and half-day summer camp programs for ages 5 & up have begun.
*ECC families are receiving additional communication.
Our staff have spent many hours in consultation with and monitoring of:
• The CT Office of Early Childhood
In addition, we have put together a Reopening Resource Advisory Panel made up of JCC and community members, including area medical professionals who are associated with the JCC.
We know that many of you will be in need of full day childcare in order to return to work and we know that many of you will need summer activities that help your children and your families grow and thrive even in the most stressful of times.
While you consider your summer needs it is important that you understand what guidelines and protocols the JCC camps will be following this summer. Our goal is always to provide a safe and comfortable place for your child(ren)
• All campers and staff will begin the day with health screening, including temperature checks
• Campers will be placed in a group of no more than 10 that will be their camp group for the entire week
• Camp groups will maintain proper physical distancing between each group
• Staff will wear 'Personal Protective Equipment' (PPE) at all times and campers may be asked to wear masks in between activities
• Campers who show signs of illness will be isolated from other campers and picked up by parents immediately
• Camp facilities will be cleaned and sanitized frequently throughout the day
In terms of camp activities, recognizing that some activities will not be feasible this summer, our staff are working on activities that can safely be done under the current guidelines.
• We will not be able to offer swim lessons or regular free swim, but we will have limited pool activities.
• While our usual Sports Jam specialty sports camps will not be running as planned, including contact sports such as touch football, basketball and soccer, our Sports Jam camps will offer other fun sports like kickball and tennis, along with badminton and croquet throughout the camp day.
• Arts, crafts and science activities, which are offered at The Swim & Tennis Club, will be modified with no sharing of equipment or supplies.
• At Camp Shalom, we will take advantage of the natural surroundings for hikes and nature activities
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.